Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
gigmush
Waking up in Chronos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Postby gigmush » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:27 pm

zeroth
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby zeroth » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Your inventory should retain all items as long as you're playing the game as intended. If it does not, please specify steps to reproduce the bug and we'll do our best to fix it for the next release.

Also the poison vials (which are called Flechettes) will be rigged to give you time to get away in the next release. This was a slight oversight on our part.
Programmer,
|
|

Wade009
Picked up the Mace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Wade009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Well just wanted to comment on the "Quartz Flask" the engine, I was playing, save the game and was 5 Quartz Flask, and when I returned to enter the game, I wanted to use the Game load, and if it was loaded, but when I start game and had none Quartz Flask,

JC316
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby JC316 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:23 pm

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Sounds Great. Do it again.

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Postby Wade009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:23 pm

good here I leave a video tape that apparently also saw a bug or if it's not my problem, please corriganme ami, lol, well, after having saved the game and about 10 minutes after entering the game hexen, load the game and the Quartz Flask was gone and was 5 before saving, well apart, before saving leave a Flechet to kill Eiten's, and it is curious that when loading the game, the engine "flechette" still active in a invisible, if it is not my problem, but the flechette desaparese and is not invisible, are in the videos released one and if desaparese, well I leave the video there, Greetings

excuse my accent, but I'm Mexican and I can hardly write in English and helped me around with the google translator, lol, xD

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

interesting. We'll take a look at it. Thanks!

Seems like the in game damage is being saved during the save and loosing its timing count to disappear after load or something. We'll play around and figure it out.

Quasar
Waking up in Chronos

Re: Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff)

Postby Quasar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:33 am

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Postby BloodRayne » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 am

You should check for driver updates every month or so.
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

donbonjorno
Waking up in Chronos

Postby donbonjorno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 pm

HI. Thank you for a great game. it is actually classic and breathtaking.
i have a same bug with disappearing artifacts but spotted it after ethereal travel from swamp to city. try to replicate no success.
Now i am in upper echelon, so i walk there like 5 minutes and game started to lag then freeze. Try pushing process killer and ctrl alt del, but they appear after game melt and run smooth for next 2 minutes then freeze again. It happens in courtyard after hidden planet.
i play at 2560x1600 no AA
My rig
asus maximus formula II
c2q something@4 ghz
2 gb ram
280 gtx msi oc
creative x-fi comes with mb
Win XP 32x
latest drivers
it is not due overheating because everything water-cooled

ZOleg73
Picked up the Mace

Postby ZOleg73 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 pm

If save the game and then exit from game to OS, re-run Hexen: Edge of Chaos and load a saved game, then after a while begin to appear a lot of jumping monsters and becomes impossible to play (the game is very slow, and then hangs).
CPU: Core i7 860@3.6GHz
RAM: 8Gb DDR3
Video: Nvidia GF 8800GTX, driver 258.96
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Fatality XtremeGamer
Sorry for my bad English.

donbonjorno
Waking up in Chronos

Postby donbonjorno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:33 pm

already seen it somewhere.

option> game> hellion pit turn it off

Удачи

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:03 pm

donbonjorno
Waking up in Chronos

Postby donbonjorno » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 pm

No it's syncmaster 305t 30" native resolution

after help come with great picture quality 2560x1600 AA16X, I was able to move forward and even took disk of repulsion. I've done gpu-z log while play.
Gpu load 82-98%
Gpu temperature +47-57 C
v memory usage 820-1012mb

It's comfortable play, but blood clouds drop fps.

ZOleg73
Picked up the Mace

Postby ZOleg73 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:01 am

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Quasar
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Quasar » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm

First I just wanted to verify that installing the CCC and then disabling Catalyst AI did fix my graphical problems.

But then, on my second playthrough (this is a real blast when you know what to do, btw), I found this:

A sort of Metroid-Prime-style secret world, which is located beneath the wooden stand with a bunch of combined mana on it in the area with the locked door to the Upper Echelons. I was just walking around beneath the wooden platform and fell through the floor there, so I doubt it should be difficult to reproduce.

Also, if I may say so, the intended method of getting that mana is insanely difficult without abusing quicksave ;)

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah, that's because the terrain in the area, and walls too, are mostly done using patches, not brushes. :mrgreen:

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:45 pm

ZOleg73
Picked up the Mace

Postby ZOleg73 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am

Note also the following bug:
collected artifacts disappear if not used, or when moving from one level to another, or when loading a saved game.

Return to “Technical Support”