Poll: Performance v.s. Quality

Talk about the mod here, could contain spoilers!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is more important? (Pick 2 or less)

Graphical 'wow' factor
19%
Stability
No votes
Performance
12%
Puzzles
8%
Action
12%
Compatibility
4%
Cool Weapons 'n stuff
19%
Exploration
27%

Total votes: 26

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Poll: Performance v.s. Quality

Postby BloodRayne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 am

Poll time!
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Re: Poll: Performance v.s. Quality

Postby redeemer812 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Hmm, these were a some tough decisions, but I chose Cool Weapons and Graphical 'wow' factor. I was going to choose stability and exploration to guarantee a happy play experience from start to finish, but I'm too impatient :D

When I start the game, the first thing I want to do is try out my weapon. I then want to stare in awe at my surroundings for several minutes, just wandering around and going "this is great!". My computer probably won't be able to handle this game even if I pushed it, but I think I could sneak to my brother's PC to play it while he's at work. Because his computer has got Windows 7 on it, and the latest everything ( :o ) I don't think I'll have any compatibility issues.

BTW, when I get this game I plan to show it off to as many of my brothers and sisters as I can at once, so you'd better make a good first impression! :)

orudie
Picked up the Mace

Postby orudie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I vote for graphics and exploration
Скорей бы эта игрушка вышла...

TheSmasher42
Killed the first Ettin!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheSmasher42 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Exploration and Cool Weapons for me...I already know the Doom 3 - Quake 4 Engine and the graphics are more than ok for me, should the team manage to get the dark, ambient feeling of the original...

I would have gone for action(combat) or puzzles if I had more options...
Last edited by TheSmasher42 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who do not move, do not notice their chains
-Rosa Luxemburg

I take my desires for reality because I believe in the reality of my desires
-Situationist graffiti from a may 1968 wall

Indoril Lichenvale
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby Indoril Lichenvale » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Action and Exploration. Game can be pretty, but if mechanics is bad and not fun to play it goes to trash can.

orudie
Picked up the Mace

Postby orudie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm

I vote for Evil and Satanism too !!
Скорей бы эта игрушка вышла...

heXen
Picked up the Mace

Postby heXen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:56 pm

mmmmm, very difficult choise.....

for me , same importance have:

Graphical 'wow' factor
Puzzles
Cool Weapons 'n stuff
Exploration

heXen
Picked up the Mace

Postby heXen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:08 pm

ha!!! i have forgot one important thing.... the epic battle! :D

someone have forgot the epic battles in the first hexen ?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeWN9aq0PM0&hl=it&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeWN9aq0PM0&hl=it&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

mmmm , but, also the battle with normal enemies and great atmosphere are important (my video)
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trfhqtVEfPw&hl=it&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trfhqtVEfPw&hl=it&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Artas1984
Picked up the Mace

Postby Artas1984 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 am

OMG, noobish posting, of course - performance and comparability are the most important factors.. :geek: :geek:
What geeks would favor eye candy and stuff over reliability and smooth gameplay....

Return to “Edge Of Chaos Total Conversion Discussion”