Some movements around

Post any questions, suggestions, complaints or feedback in here, read news about the forum and site here. (We may or may not answer..)

Please post any question about the game in the Edge of Chaos specific forums
BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Some movements around

Postby BloodRayne » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:15 pm

I have moved some threads over to no holds barred (word count/spam threads like picture count and off-topic).

I have also moved all mod specific questions to the Edge Of Chaos discussion forum.

FYI. ;)
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

deadite4
Site Admin

Re: Some movements around

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Just a note to everyone. We moved forum hosts and domains recently. There were a couple posts made on the old forum that didn't get transferred over to the new one simply due to not having locked down the forums immediately after grabbing the forum database but before getting set up on the new host and hexenmod.net domain. Everything is all set up now though and everything else has been retained.

Speaking of domains please note we are hexenmod.net now. For the most part the old .com domain will transfer traffic here, but it's good to set your bookmarks as well!
Sounds Great. Do it again.

RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Postby RaVeN » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm

but what happened to BloodRayne did he will be here?
And i scared with some domain change.

I remember hexenworld.com its active great community with master server for hexen2 and hexenworld, after some founders leave hexenworld.com its renamed to hexenworld.net and master server closed.
After some time hexenworld.net is locked to read only. No new posts on forums etc. After a while hexenworld.net gone entirely (((

I am scared with this analogy sorry .

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Don't worry. Don't look to much into our move. Bloodrayne has simply moved to his own project is and he owned the previous hosting/domain. We've set redirects up at the .com domain which should be up until March 1 when the old hosting expires. We may or may not get ownership of hexenmod.com when it expires, but even if we do we'll just keep the redirect to .net from here on out. It actually makes more sense to be at hexenmod.net in the long term because the .com domain sort of infers a commercial project, which we are not. This is especially import since we are moving to a standalone game.

Also our development servers have always been hosted and run by other members so none of that is effected at all as well. As stated, the team has been running on our own for quite some time.

We've actually added 1 new member in the last 2 weeks, and possibly a second to our development team. We aren't going anywhere, development hasn't been effected a single bit, and we'll just be continuing on. The team is actually more active than ever right now. I don't think there is a single team member who isn't working on something, which is very rare(people get busy, vacation, work, etc). Usually there's at least 1 person whose away.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

Return to “Questions, Suggestions and Feedback (About the site)”