What will happen in 2012

Anything that has nothing to do with hexen.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bblankfein
Waking up in Chronos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What will happen in 2012

Postby bblankfein » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am

Hello.
I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
Advise me some articles please.

Thank you

deadite4
Site Admin

Re: What will happen in 2012

Postby deadite4 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 pm

I think putting any form of faith or prediction in a man made number, a.k.a. time, is not worth my trust in relations to planetary evolutions.

I'm sure other members may have articles though ;)
Sounds Great. Do it again.

TheCoolinator
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby TheCoolinator » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:14 pm

The only thing that's going to happen leading up to 2012 is a lot of dumb shows are going to be made about the end of the world.

2012 is the end of the astrological age.....not the end of the world as we know it.

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Postby BloodRayne » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:39 am

That is my guess as well. Most apocalyptic prophecies come from times where people had very little understanding about how the universe works. They used superstition and religion to fill those uncertain gaps of knowledge, simply in order not to be overwhelmed by existence on earth and it's many dangers and wonders. It was a time where people firmly believed the earth was flat and you could cure a flu by making cuts into your back to let the 'dirty' blood out.

Things have changed. ;)
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

orudie
Picked up the Mace

Postby orudie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm

I'm not interested in this none-sense

All I want to know is when this game comes out.
Скорей бы эта игрушка вышла...

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm

People get you hyped up on things like this so they can take advantage of you. "Buy this product now while you still have a chance", and all that. Dates like these have been made up in the past and none of them have come around to pass.

If the world ends, I don't think most people will see it coming.

zeroth
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby zeroth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

I'll have a birthday that year. that's about it.

but it is interesting that the Mayan calendar is more accurate than the one we use today (gregorian). and because calendars are a representation of changes in our solar system, I would think odd things could happen that year, not specifically that day. for example, the moon has a tug on the earth and has a LOT of influence in how our oceans flow. it also has an influence on plate movement in the earth. animals freak out prior to earth quakes and such, this has been documented a lot.

so, maybe. just maybe something could happen like that.

I don't think the mayans had any prohpecies, they just ended their calendar then. and thats not that shocking. rememberthe mayns also believed in human sacrifice to make the sun rise and such. they weren't the brightest people.
Programmer,
|
|

TheSmasher42
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby TheSmasher42 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:55 pm

The sky will darken,the earth will rumble,the waters will rise and the people will hide in fear as this mod gets finally released? :lol:
Naahh....

People will believe whatever you can imagine if you add a flavour of supernatural in it,no matter if it makes any sense at all (god is the ultimate proof :P).Yea the calendar system of an ancient civilization ends then...so what??Btw, no offense but how and why did this question of yours find the HeXeN forums to be asked? :mrgreen:
Those who do not move, do not notice their chains
-Rosa Luxemburg

I take my desires for reality because I believe in the reality of my desires
-Situationist graffiti from a may 1968 wall

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I heard our solar system lines up with the center of the universe, whatevz :roll:
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

Return to “General Discussion”