Raven Software Hit with Layoffs

Anything that has nothing to do with hexen.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Raven Software Hit with Layoffs

Postby RaVeN » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:22 pm

The developer behind Singularity, Wolfenstein and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance was hit with layoffs today, according to sources familiar with the Raven Software.

About forty people were let go today, according to some of the folks directly effects by the layoffs. Reached for comment this morning, Activision had this to say:

"With the recent completion of Singularity, Raven Software is realigning its workforce to better reflect the studio's upcoming slate."

They declined to specify how many people were let go today.

Raven Software was founded in 1990 and later acquired by Activision.

Over their 20 year history, the developer worked on a number of popular titles including the Heretic series, Hexen series, Soldier of Fortune series, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Quake 4, Wolfenstein and most recently Singularity.

Sources tell Kotaku that the layoffs come as the developer refocuses their energies on downloadable content. Raven Software initially had three development teams, but last year reduced that to two teams. This year's reduction cuts it to one.

While the studio still exists, it's sad to see it dwindling to seemingly so small a part of publisher Activision's future.

http://kotaku.com/5661071/singularity-g ... th-layoffs

YoBadMama
Hero!

Re: Raven Software Hit with Layoffs

Postby YoBadMama » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:54 pm

God, does Activision ruin EVERYTHING?!?! :evil:
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Sounds Great. Do it again.

mr.math
Killed the first Ettin!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mr.math » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am

I hate Electronic Arts, I hate Ubisoft.....oh and yes, I hate also Activision! Each of this corporation ruined at least one of my favourite studios. That´s why I´m enjoying and looking forward for mostly indie or user-made games.

b0rsuk
Picked up the Mace

Postby b0rsuk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:23 am

I'm just stating what I perceive as truth:

Raven Software is a hollow shell just like Atari. Some people like these companies but are focusing on names too much. If you really like games like Hexen, Command and Conquer, Diablo1, or Nox (another of my favourites) you should follow the people who made them, not the company name. http://www.mobygames.com/ is a good place to start. Find out who designed or programmed your favourite game(s) and see where they work now.

Do you know the designer of UFO/X-COM has created Laser Squad Genesis and it's a damn fine multiplayer game ?

RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Postby RaVeN » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:10 pm

I agree same in this way i found game based on Doom III engine called Prey. The creators almost all peoples who leave Raven Software, makes hexen in past.

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Sounds like 'economy' rearing it's ugly head, among a small effort at promoting the title....

Return to “General Discussion”