Top 10 Worst Mario Games

Anything that has nothing to do with hexen.
redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Top 10 Worst Mario Games

Postby redeemer812 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 am

I found this on youtube today, and thought I might share it with you. These are the Top 10 Worst Mario Games ever, according to Screw Attack. Ugh... What a disgrace to Mario's name!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IabYOms86lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IabYOms86lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Personally I don't think Mario 2 is so bad. It was actually a pretty good game. I just don't like how Nintendo basically lied and said it really was the second SMB game... 'Cause it wasn't really.

Go Fish with Mario is just... Ugh...

Corvus
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Re: Top 10 Worst Mario Games

Postby Corvus » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Entertaining.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:59 pm

I enjoyed Mario 2 for what it was. I remember reading an article about why it was so different. You must remember at that time this was really the first hugely mainstream IP. There had never been a sequel before and the mindframe was "if we make it like the last one, why would anyone buy it?" To this point, while the general platform gameplay stayed, the entire world was changed. It wasn't until later that the game world realized that people will buy sequels in the same game world because people enjoy being taken along on a story.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

As far as I'm concerned there is only 5 mario bros games.

The original arcade mario bros where you had to knock an enemy over by hitting it from underneath and then kicking it into the water.

Super Mario Bros 1,2, and 3

AND

the newest mario brothers game on WII

anything other than these is just a way for Nintendo to make money off the Mario name. Similar to Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Not a fan of Super Mario Bros. on the SNES or Mario 64? Blasphemy!

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Not a fan of Super Mario Bros. on the SNES or Mario 64? Blasphemy!

Indeed! :o Coolinator, what's wrong with you?

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I never had an SNES or a N64...... :(

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

If you own a wii, Super mario world and mario 64 for Virtual Console. I own both the cartridge and VC version of Mario 64 :D

Super Mario World, to me, is the best out of all the marios. I still plug my SNES in every now and then just to play through it.

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I've only played Mario World on the GBA, and in that version Mario seems to fall rather quickly. Too much for my taste, in fact. I'm not sure if he controls the same on the SNES, since I've never played that version. But I have to say my favorite in the Super Mario Brothers series is New Super Mario Bros. Wii: it's just so much fun playing Mario with my family... Even if the game eventually just distills into a fight about who got that last mushroom. :lol:

Of course, SMB3 would be next in line. That's just a truly awesome game. I've still got a working copy in cartridge format, which is pretty cool.

Return to “General Discussion”