Barony

Anything that has nothing to do with hexen.
redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Barony

Postby redeemer812 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi all,

You guys may or may not remember me as it has been a *very* long time since I've logged into this forum, but I'm dropping by because I still remember you guys and I frankly have a bit of shameless self-promotion to do. As the years have passed I've graduated Highschool, enrolled in university, gotten very bored with the coursework, and become an indie game developer, and now I'm working on a fantasy RPG of my own called Barony.

Barony has been in development for over a year and you can read about it on it's official website here:
http://www.baronygame.com/

It's still in alpha and it's quite rough around the edges, but I'm proud of the work I've accomplished on it. The game is far more in-depth than any game I ever thought I'd want to make and it will only grow more so as development goes on.

Anyway the reason I'm posting about my game here is because, despite it having been featured in a number of publications over time (such as PCGamer, AlphaBetaGamer, and IndieGames.com), getting the game any lasting exposure around gamers has been a very difficult task. As a result, I have formed the habit of telling everyone I know and meet about it, and you guys are no exception. That being said, I'd appreciate if you were all to give your opinions on it sometime. Thank you -- and I hope Edge of Chaos is still coming along well, too.

Cheers.

deadite4
Site Admin

Re: Barony

Postby deadite4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:21 am

Hey Redeemer, good to hear from you! I'll check it out hopefully soon. What's your planned platform of release, PC only?
Sounds Great. Do it again.

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Re: Barony

Postby redeemer812 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 pm

We're targeting three platforms eventually, Windows, Linux, and Mac. As it stands however we can only build/test the game for the first two systems as no one on my team actually owns a Mac. But I designed the game engine to be cross platform so if I'm able to get my hands on one (or find someone who's willing to maintain Mac builds of the game) then it shouldn't be any problem to get it up and running on that platform.

Return to “General Discussion”