Something you want to see in the Mod

Talk about the mod here, could contain spoilers!
YoBadMama
Hero!

Re: Something you want to see in the Mod

Postby YoBadMama » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Postby RaVeN » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 pm

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 am

b0rsuk
Picked up the Mace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby b0rsuk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:48 am

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:50 am

Want to see in mod something similar that pic colection show.
Press NEXT.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/hexe ... ng%3Fo%3D1

Icetigris
Waking up in Chronos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Icetigris » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 pm

A few things I would like to see:
-alchemical symbols as a common motif

-the moon button switches, the green cow skull switches, the bullhead switches, and the rock on a string switches from the original game (these are small things, but I always liked them)

-dead, dismembered bodies lying around like in the original game, but maybe with the risk of them coming alive and attacking you (sorta like headcrab zombies in Half-Life 2)

-AMAZING SOUNDTRACK; if you guys can get a composer, I would love to hear a higher-res version of the themes to the Guardian of Fire, Zedek's Tomb--hell, the whole soundtrack. I still listen to the soundtrack from the original game to this day.

-a place like the Wolf Chapel; that is one of the most beautiful places in a game ever

-it would be super badass if you could ride a Chaos Serpent. I'm just sayin' :I

BloodRayne

Postby BloodRayne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Well we have Justin Lassen to do the soundtrack, check out some of his tracks, he's pretty amazing.. :)

http://www.empireofmodernthought.com
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:03 pm

I have found many hexen/heretic remixes look here http://heretics-hexens.ucoz.com/index/music/0-6

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:46 am

I don't know about u guys, but I like B0rsuk's ideas... adresses issues prevailant in Hexen 1 that can be fixed up in both a tech 1 GZdooM mod or Tech4 HeXen EOC... unfortunately for the latter, I can only map, but for tech1 I know decorate....

BloodRayne

Postby BloodRayne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 am

Maybe you two should team up and create a mod. :)

For me, it's very simple. Hexen is not an RPG, not some kind of tactical mumbo-jumbo adventure. And thus I don't expect any of such elements in there except for what's in there right now. Hexen is exploration and hard combat at it's purest hart and we won't deviate from that. If anything we will deepen that experience, make the players explore more, fight more and give them more puzzles.

hexen.jpg
hexen.jpg (58.54 KiB) Viewed 11262 times
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 pm

True, true... but I'm a very busy guy. Read my post in the 'musical tastes' section on another page. I have a grand plan to combine everything together (and yes, it involves money), and it involves incorporating something very, very dear to me in real life with EVERYTHING.

My take is that some of his ideas can be incorporated without HeXen straying too far from what it is, whether it's Tech1 or Tech4. To be honest I see EoC as a resource pack that throughout the years will be perfected with a myriad of options, and I see it happening mroeso now than before. (just like how Tech1 source was released, so too will Tech4 which might make it an even more mod-friendly playform) Some of the textures from EoC were worth salivating over while others were kinda meh. We have a bunch of ex-Raven software employees - modellers, animators etc who do freeware assets now.

As for me, I'm busy with this 'real-life' project (and, yes, it has to do with my Shades) but I still have enough time to make a map or two for EoC, using the best of the existing resources. It's to encourage trends. I'm also working on Hpack - Demonic Uprising, a mod for Heretic where I almost have an episode's worth of maps under my belt.

If I can get my hands on some of the unused mapping content I've created in the past, it would make my process of completing my own EoC hub much faster.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:05 pm

It took you 4 years to sorta create a whole map.

And don't worry about some of the meh textures, we threw a good handful of your commits out some time ago ;)
Sounds Great. Do it again.

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Using royalty-free textures probably a bad idea...

But I mean mapping bits and pieces that are still in the pak files somewhere? Guardian of Fire recreation can be used towards something else... the crypts map!!!! etc etc

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Everything but h1m1 was tossed.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:53 pm

... Damn lol.

ShadesMaster
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby ShadesMaster » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 am

More monsters, of course!

- it's freaky how revenants always reminded me of undead warriors from Heretic. Imsgine the doom 3 revenant eith a helmet and green axe and were halfway there!
- which leads to including some critters from all the games! A skull wizard can be a great miniboss!
- jut those ettin heads forward a bit more! Hehe!
- realm 667 bestiary inspiration. Chaos wyverns were a hybrid of the death wyvern and chaos serpent.
- chaos serpents, hexen II esque golems, spiders versus the general bugs of current.
- an easter egg with ShadesMaster, ancient counterpart of shades the socialite! Lol j/k

Agilethief
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Agilethief » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 am

Hmm... What do I personally want to see?

In regards to MP when you get there, I would love co-op over DM.

While I do get that this is essentially Hexen with the better tech, I would like to see some of the classic features from Hexen revamped to make use of the better tech, I said this in another thread, but the loading chain, should grow as it loads, maybe have animated mouths eating the data (magical droplets?) to nourish it's growth (hence loading)

Gothic is good, dark is fun, lack of light is crappy. Doom 3 really screwed this up with it's ultra darkness, and I found when I played the alpha of EoC sometimes it was a bit too dim or dark to see things clearly enough to be able to admire them, the ettin was a clear case of this, Most of the time they appears to be shapes, but were so dark they looked grainy and poorly textured, which wasn't the case in better lit areas.

In regards to scaring the player, little if any of the "Boo I'm behind you" crap that was spammed in Doom 3, Heaps of gore isn't cool either. Suspense is much better, and things that creep you out are good, maybe like a room with children's heads on pikes... that turn to watch you.
Things that really screw with your mind.

More creative monsters, Classic Hexen and doom couldn't have smart monsters that did tricky things to get you, they saw you and tried to kill you, but now you could have monsters that will attack you, and then run away, or climb up a wall. Maybe if they could push those barrels on top of you.
-Basic gist of ^, Monsters that do more than just walk forward and try and hit you.

I don't know if it was just me but the maps in the alpha seemed a bit linear.

Exploring is fun, puzzles are fun, but sometimes it seems like you have no idea what your doing, or the effects of what solving the puzzle will achieve before you get there.
This was most true for me in the beginning, I had no idea why I was solving (or what I was solving).
Also in regards to the puzzles, perhaps if when you hit a switch you can see gears and cogs moving (you did this in a few places) or some other noticeable effect which stretches all the way along to contribute to the puzzle.

Random secrets that don't relate to the puzzle at all and you can just miss completely. (That being said, maybe you already did and I just missed them)

Perhaps the items shouldn't float, but should rest against the ground or have some kind of support pillar which sinks into the ground when picked up.

Cheers.
Your God created the world in 7 days eh? Mine recreates the universe every morning cause she's bored.
-Haruhiist

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Yep, time for another Doom fix.

Agilethief
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Agilethief » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am

Haha Yeah I played through the demo again and accidently found one of the said secrets, Spoke too soon I did.

Just trying to give an outside opinion.
Your God created the world in 7 days eh? Mine recreates the universe every morning cause she's bored.
-Haruhiist

Return to “Edge Of Chaos Total Conversion Discussion”