Do you still play Hexen?

Talk about Hexen in general, books, fanfic, the original games etc..

Do you still play Hexen 1?

Yes, but only Hexen 1
35%
Yes, but only Hexen 2
3%
Yes, both games and expansions packs.
48%
Yes, both games
6%
No I don't play the originals any more.
6%

Total votes: 31

TheSmasher42
Killed the first Ettin!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Do you still play Hexen?

Postby TheSmasher42 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Heretic 1 (exp included) Hexen 1,2 (Exp included) and trying desperately to find heretic 2 but to no avail :cry: Btw I use ZDoom,it fkn rocks! :mrgreen: 'Tis the best simulation you can get to the original, its only difference is that it lets you do things you couldn't normally do in some games (such as jumping in DooM :lol: ) since it uses the most advanced form of doom engine
Those who do not move, do not notice their chains
-Rosa Luxemburg

I take my desires for reality because I believe in the reality of my desires
-Situationist graffiti from a may 1968 wall

curupira
Picked up the Mace

Postby curupira » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Please stand by for a message from the Guardian Heresiarch Commander of The USCL...

Message decoding... CUR25036-80457934...

Decryption successful...

Yes, both games and expansions packs.

I still play the Dos based Hexen.
I first played Hexen, when I was about 16. When, the demo was first released back in 1995. I was living in Stone Mountain, Georgia at that givin time.

So, I am a TRUE fan of the Hexen Franchise. I hope to see this game succeed thou out the Years to come. 8-)

Favorite Levels:

Hub 1: Winnowing Hall

Hub 1: Seven Portals

Hub 3: Heresiarch's Seminary
1ADVANCED LABS DEFENSE STATUS:
1advanced.com
2012 Preparing for World War III...
http://the-end.com
http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:43 am

TheCoolinator
Picked up the Serpent Staff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheCoolinator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm

I need to reinstall Hexen II because I feel like replaying it again. The thing that bugs me about it though is the Necromancers Magic missile has that black box glitch whenever you use it. It was fixed in the expansion but is still visible throughout the whole game of Hexen II.

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 pm

The black box glitch has to do with the fact that the sprites use the color black for transparency. Have you tried removing the OpenGL dll from the Hexen II directory and running it that way?

You could also just run the game in software mode. That might fix your problem.

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 pm

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Your welcome :) hope it helps.

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:39 pm

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Yes, some fridays and saturdays my cousin and I play Hexen.
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

xdantespardax
Waking up in Chronos

Postby xdantespardax » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:47 pm

I knew there were some hexen fans still out there! :)

Jhexen is totally awesome, I wish that Hexen2 had something similar. It's weird that opengl Hexen 2 looks WORSE than JHexen! I just completed Death Kings on nightmare difficulty, now looking for some decent mods to play.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:23 pm

yes :D We're all Hexen fans here. Welcome to the forums.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Postby RaVeN » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 am

CommandoPeach
Waking up in Chronos

Postby CommandoPeach » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:55 pm

I always go back for more every few years or so. It's like a terribly permeating, slow-acting addiction. :(

But it's funny. I've only played HeXen itself once. Heretic was always my favorite (and also the most nostalgic for me), with HeXen II being a very close second. The first HeXen just never did it for me in quite the same way. It deserves a replay, though, and since I have it for PlayStation, it can't be easier to get it running with my girl-brain-limited technology expertise.

So yes, I do very much still play them, and it's nice to finally encounter people who even know the series exists.

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Postby Wade009 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Take the time hehe I still play Hexen Hexen 1 and 2, but hexen 2 I have no problems because source.port, reliable, always there but in windows vista and win7, and hexen 1 the game thanks to the powerful source- GzDoom pot, these games, much like Doom, Heretic and Hexen, will be eternally always the best for me xD, Greetings

Tserra
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Tserra » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I played Hexen a long time ago, and I really loved it then, but all the computers we use now are too fast for Hexen.
Them pigs is in the walls again. I can hear em, SQUEAL'N.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm

We should get together members Hexen: EoC community one night, and organize a Hexen 1 or 2 Multiplayer night.

That could be fun.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Postby Wade009 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm

sii, that would be fun xD, remember old times when we played online in multiplayer hexen xD greetings

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Id vote for "Hexen 2 only" cuz i cant find my hexen floppies anymore, but I always get "invalid vote, try again"... :( ... so yeah...

Played Hexen 2 a whole lot of time these days. Most of these games are so old, ya dun remember everything anymore. ;)
Reallyd like to play ol hexen again... but yeah problem as above... and amazon prices are daylight robbery, an gog doesnt have it.
Same situation with Thief Gold... kinda screwed... :(

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Postby BloodRayne » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Yeah polls are still borked, not sure what that's about..

You can get Hexen on Steam for 4,99 and it runs on your PC as well, using Dosbox.
You can buy the entire collection for 9,99 there as well, all hexens and heretics.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2360/
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 am

Well already checked steam, despite i dun like it that much, cuz...

<- (is a hardcover/box/Manual collecting freak) ;)

but well... in default of a soul the devil puts up with a fly... but cant find it there... an ur link only produces a steam error for me. :|

Return to “General Hexen Discussion”