Whats your favorite Hexen weapon?

Talk about Hexen in general, books, fanfic, the original games etc..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is your Favorite Hexen weapon?

Timon's Axe
6%
Hammer of Retribution
6%
Quietus
12%
Serpent Staff
12%
Firestorm
29%
Wraithverge
24%
Frost Shards
No votes
Arc of Death
6%
Bloodscourge
6%

Total votes: 17

TheCoolinator
Picked up the Serpent Staff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Whats your favorite Hexen weapon?

Postby TheCoolinator » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Monsters need to be whooped. Problem is which weapon to whoop them with?

Whats your favorite monster exterminating tool? 8-)

Sorry, I forgot most of their actually names. I hope you can decipher the choices :oops:
Last edited by TheCoolinator on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indoril Lichenvale

Re: Whats your favorite Hexen weapon?

Postby Indoril Lichenvale » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Here is the list of correct weapon names.
Fighter: Spiked Gauntlets, Timon's Axe, Hammer of Retribution, Quietus
Cleric: Mace of Contrition, Serpent Staff, Firestorm, Wraithverge
Mage: Sapphire Wand, Frost Shards, Arc of Death, Bloodscourge

Please make the correction to the names, as they are totally inaccurate :)

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Indoril Lichenvale

Postby Indoril Lichenvale » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:11 pm

I voted for the Wraithverge since I really like the concept of screaming ghosts tearing apart your opponents. I also like the Spiked Gauntlets since it is a weapon that you can use at almost any situation (except on the stronger casters).

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh ya, the WraithVerge is probably the most amazing weapon ever fathomed. I voted for the FireStorm gloves because being able to shoot a fire missile out of your hands is a power that everyone should have. :D

The developers did a great job of puting the sparks on the underside of the gloves for added effect.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Love the firestorm!
Sounds Great. Do it again.

TheSmasher42
Killed the first Ettin!

Postby TheSmasher42 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:01 am

While flying ghosts that sink inside you and rip you apart is cool,I voted the Quietus-it just rules,always love using it in meele range slashing-exploding ettin's like foam :lol:

Btw,this vid comically reminded me of Wraithverge,check it out :P
Those who do not move, do not notice their chains
-Rosa Luxemburg

I take my desires for reality because I believe in the reality of my desires
-Situationist graffiti from a may 1968 wall

JC316

Postby JC316 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:52 am

Arc of death. Hands down one of my favorites. I could dominate the main game and deathmatch with it. I can hit things on the other side of the map with it. I can take down the Wyvvern using nothing but it. I freaking love it.

TomJ
Team Member

Postby TomJ » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Firestorm the best! :D

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Indoril Lichenvale

Postby Indoril Lichenvale » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:32 pm

There's no tome of power in hexen 1 :)
But in Carnage Galore III: Fury of Vuradi you shoot red ball that makes devastating explosion upon the impact.

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 pm

muhahaa
Picked up the Mace

Postby muhahaa » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 pm

gauntlets

zeroth

Postby zeroth » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Wraithverge hands down.

I really like the frost shards because it's so spammy. I love spammy weapons, like a lot of heretic's weapons, especially on tome of power.
Programmer,
|
|

Daedolon
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Daedolon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Quietus, a Massive enchanted greatsword that shoots acid looking shit out, whats not to like?, although Timon's Axe was better for Deathmatch.
Stones grind on the seven portals

Quorthon
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Quorthon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:31 pm

In my opinion timon's axe wins for sheer close combat brutality and cool design, heh. The other second-teir weapons are really annoying to use against centaurs too, and there are plenty of those.

- The hammer is probably the best when you run out of mana, because its nearly as powerful as the axe at melee range anyway. Not as cool as the other 3rd weapons though.
- Bloodscourge looks grim and sorcerous and locks on like crazy, if someone assembles it in deathmatch the game's over.
- I dig the frost shards, they just take a bit of skill and patience to be useful.
- Cheating on the first level by shooting the bell with the wand is kinda funny.

Return to “General Hexen Discussion”