What your favorite Hexen character?

Talk about Hexen in general, books, fanfic, the original games etc..

What is your Favorite Hexen Character?

Warrior
33%
Cleric
52%
Mage
14%

Total votes: 21

TheCoolinator
Picked up the Serpent Staff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What your favorite Hexen character?

Postby TheCoolinator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:11 pm

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

TheCoolinator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheCoolinator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 pm

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm

I can understand that. I just think it's a little strange.

Oh well.

RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

Postby RaVeN » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:55 pm

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:57 pm

That's an interesting model. A little too cartoony for my taste though.

TheCoolinator

Postby TheCoolinator » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Very nice picture. I'm a big fan of the green flaming sword idea.

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm

I like Green Color too. I see Raven Software use these colors and fav. it too i think. Hope to see in Hexen EoC green colors too like in these picture

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 am

Cleric is the ace of spades he can get out of any situation.
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey, while were on the topic of characters, I found something wierd on
ID Software's page. http://www.idsoftware.com/games/vintage/hexen/
Is Endash a secret character or a word my brain cant make sence of?
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I first played Hexen when I was 9 or 10 years old. The mage was my favorite then, and he's my favorite now. And the hardest difficulty setting is the only one I play.

To begin with, I think the mage has the best first weapon, the Sapphire Wand. Sure, it's weak, but a straight-shooting, fast-firing weapon with unlimited ammo and unlimited range gets my vote any day of the fucking week against gauntlets or a mace(a crappy mace at that.) Play the first hub on the hardest difficulty setting with the fighter and you'll see what I mean when you have to take on Chaos Serpents and Wendigos with an Axe and fists---it's painful. Plus, the wand makes it possible for you to retain the ability for long-range attacks when you run out of mana.

True, the mage is the slowest character, but let's face it---all three of the characters are basically Olympic runners on steroids when you compare them with the monsters.

Basically, what it comes down to for me is the fact that the mage's weapons are generally very powerful and all have long-range capability. I enjoy all of the classes, they are all good characters, but the mage gets my vote.

I feel like such a nerd right now.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

BloodRayne

Postby BloodRayne » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 am

Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

b0rsuk
Picked up the Mace

Postby b0rsuk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:49 am

Strongest ? Cleric for sure. Certainly in later stages.
Safest ? Mage.
Most fun ? Fighter

Wraithverge is simply a broken weapon, it's like a debug tool. Having an awful first weapon in no way justifies this. The problem is hard to spot because other level4 weapons are paperweights.

Mage is very safe with the wand, but will bore you to death. It certainly worked with my brother, who quickly stopped watching me play Hexen. The weapon of succubus in Hexen 2 was much better - short range, slow projectile speed. It was still very good, but you actually had reasons to use other weapons.

I like fighter because there's a difference in play. You must use other tactics. It gets worse once you get Hammer of Retribution.

I'm not against ranged weapons for fighter in principle, but Nox did it much better. There, the main ranged weapon of warrior is chackrum, a razor-sharp throwing disc. Once you throw it, it's unavailable (unlike the hammer). It bounces off enemies and obstacles and eventually tries to return. If it fails, it drops and you have to pick it up.

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Postby Wade009 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:21 pm

My favorite hexen 1 is cleric, the weapon wraitheverge is Immortal, is the enemy yourself kill if not just before and also his voice or grunt's, reminded me a lot to corvus Heretic and Doom, when crushed space open a door and had no key xD, and hexen 2, my favorite is Assassin, by the grenade gun and when I used the effect of "Tome of Power" was super explosive grenade, lol, well I think so, hehe, greetings

sarjxxx
Picked up the Mace

Postby sarjxxx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 am

Mage.

For me, the slowness and weakness is made up for with the Sapphire Wand which is the ONLY sniping weapon in the game, and Arc of Death, which sticks to enemies until it runs out and even attacks through shields, take THAT you damn Slaughtar, and Bloodscourge, which just plain OWNS.

Naglfar
Picked up the Mace

Postby Naglfar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 am

Fighter for me. The gauntlets are awesome of course but the hammer is what made it for me.

Its like playing as Thor.

Return to “General Hexen Discussion”