HeXen Mods

Talk about Hexen in general, books, fanfic, the original games etc..
RaVeN
Finished the First Round!

HeXen Mods

Postby RaVeN » Thu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Look here a lots of hexen mods req.. doomsday engine
http://www.hexenmagetower.com/

xdantespardax
Waking up in Chronos

Re: HeXen Mods

Postby xdantespardax » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

I tried downloading LEGEND:GLORY OF BATTLE mod for Hexen, but it doesn't extract properly. Do you know of anywhere else to get this mod? Thx

YoBadMama
Hero!

Postby YoBadMama » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:05 pm

That's a cool site!
I'm right behind you, but don't turn around, it only makes me angrier.

Indoril Lichenvale
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby Indoril Lichenvale » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:22 am

Best HeXen mod to date: Carnage Galore III: Fury of Vuradi

Onigion
Picked up the Mace

Postby Onigion » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 pm

More good mode: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=474339
HexenHanced. I'm recommend!;)

funy mod: http://hexen.clan.su/load/mody_dlja_her ... 34-1-0-158
add more classes of hero in hexen (+doomguy,Corvus, Kaleb). But unfortunally it's only beta version.
On this site you can find some modes and maps for Heretic and Hexen too.

Onigion
Picked up the Mace

Postby Onigion » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Oh guys! What i find! Amazing mod for Hexen! So now its transform it in another game. Very interesting.
Name - Serpent resssuraction.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doomworld-n ... -released/

Onigion
Picked up the Mace

Postby Onigion » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:50 pm

More interesting mod: Korax Mod
http://www.korax-heritage.com/

and another - Dream of magic. (add classes Necromancer and Succubus)

http://edsdoomsite.tripod.com/id19.html

Onigion
Picked up the Mace

Summary =)

Postby Onigion » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Best HeXen mods to date. Must tested by all of you:
1. Serpent Ressuraction
Epic mod. (its was created during the 5 years..). It’s transform old game in real RPG action with dialogs, expiriens, new arts, new magics, new system of fightings, new models.. etc….

2. Carnage Galore III: Fury of Vuradi
Good mod with new maps, weapons of D’sparil, alt fire by tome of power…

3. Korax mod
Big mode too. Now you take experience for each kill. And after kill you can take “Silver mana” for casting specific spells (several spells for each hero class). When you take a level up, you can use more powerful weapons (exp: for mage its grey, blue and red wands), growth of hero health indicator during lvlup…etc
4. Dream of magic
Remove old classes for add 2 heroes from Hexen 2 – Succubus and Necromamcer with specific weapons and alt fires (its different from Hexen2). So monsters and some arts. decoratons become Hexen 2 too.

5. Hexen Hanced

Small mod. Main ideas - Add alt fire for each weapon and tome of power.

So in Hexen 3 I wanted secondary\alt fire for each weapons=)
Pliiiizzzz)))

Edgus
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Edgus » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Interesting mods...)
I think it would be worth to try each of these after completing the original game.)

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Is there still a decent hexen modding community for hexen 1? What kind of interest, I wonder, would there be for people to use our project as a base to make little mods from once we finish up our general items, monsters, and features?

Sort of like what happens with the Dark Mod.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

Edgus
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Edgus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Dark Mod? Isn't that one based on Hexen 2nd? I'm sorry if I missed something out, I didn't checked all mods yet.))
Hexen: EoC in first Hexen? Yes, may evolve into something great. I don't know, but maybe some team of hexen modders may get such idea. I think forum needs "reviving" to attract such people. =)

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm

We'd love to get more people being active on the forums. Any help you can bring would be great!

the dark mod is another Doom 3 mod who created a tool set for Doom 3 to create games in a Thief-like atmosphere. The core 'team' mostly works on the assets and tools and code. Then fans make their own maps and missions using the tools/assets as their base.

I'd love to see people who still make missions in the hexen 1/2 engines to maybe try and join up with us and try making small maps using our project as their base. That would be fantastic.

Edgus
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Edgus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:36 pm

deadite4 wrote:We'd love to get more people being active on the forums. Any help you can bring would be great!

The only help I can bring by myself it is to give some ideas on the board and try to make everyone woken up and active.) And perhaps load Hexen:EoC demo if my connection would allow me to do that. Don't worry, I have Doom3 installed. Maybe more forum activity would attract some modding people.

deadite4 wrote:the dark mod is another Doom 3 mod who created a tool set for Doom 3 to create games in a Thief-like atmosphere. The core 'team' mostly works on the assets and tools and code. Then fans make their own maps and missions using the tools/assets as their base.

Mmm, so that what Dark Mode really is! Thank you for the info deadite4, I really should go out and browse some of the mods myself.

deadite4 wrote:I'd love to see people who still make missions in the hexen 1/2 engines to maybe try and join up with us and try making small maps using our project as their base. That would be fantastic.

That would be very remarkable! But I don't know how is that achievable. I'm not really into modding community, but loving to see how talented some people are and what they can do when they really want to do something they like. Some map packs by your fans would be really good when your project is out. By that you are giving opportunity to mod inside the mod. And that is really nice of you. :)

Can't help more with attracting modders I think. But I think my reply gave you some thoughts! ;)

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Yes indeed it would be interesting to see. I just don't know much about the active mod/mapping community of the Hexen 1/2 engine. It would allow someone to who just likes making levels to try and move to an updated engine without having to worry about code, models, textures, etc. They could just make their own little hexen-universe map and get our support if they needed it.

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 am

Heretic II and Hexen II had a lots of maps. Heretic and Hexen is now has a mapping community need to search around doomworld forums, zdoom forums, skulltag.
Hexen II Retuxturing project with source ports active currently.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 am

Is Hexen 2 retexturing really almost the only community left for old hexen modding? That's a bit sad.

RaVeN

Postby RaVeN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 am

Its sad, Heretic II Dead (i think only Source code release is bring it back a bit), Hexen II is have only one community based on quakeone.com, hexen and heretic is more alive = doomworld, zdoom, gzdoom, skulltag, zdaemon (heretic), hexen.clan.su (russian fans of heretic's and hexen's games), VaVoom, and more cant enumerate all, but feel its somewhere else present too.

Return to “General Hexen Discussion”