Where have all my artifacts gone?

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
KJSharp
Waking up in Chronos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Where have all my artifacts gone?

Postby KJSharp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi all, this is my first post on these forums. I was so very excited when I discovered this mod over Christmas, and thus far I am very impressed with the gameplay.

I, too, am having the issue of my items disappear. I can describe in some detail when and where this occurred. Hopefully y'all can fix it. I was in the Swamp area where you get the dungeon key. Immediately when I grabbed the dungeon key, all my items disappeared (quartz flasks, fletchettes, Krater of Might, Mystic Urns, Tome of Power). I even think the dungeon key disappeared, because I never saw it in my items display, and in the next area (in front of the castle reminiscent of the Castle of Grief) I was unable to do anything. I presume I need the dungeon key to open something there. Anywho, I hope this helps y'all resolve this issue, and please let me know if/when you're able to fix the problem! It sounds like this is a widespread phenomenon.

Thanks.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Did you loose the artifact items after a save/load after the dungeon key? Or did you loose the items even without save/loading?

As far as the dungeon key, that never shows up in your belt(a feature we will be implementing in the next release). You also won't loose it like an artifact item as it's a different setup for stuff like that.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

KJSharp
Waking up in Chronos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KJSharp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Instantly without saving or loading. It just does it.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I'll have to play through and keep notice if I loose anything then. Thanks for your info. If you find more please post it up! It helps us out in making the next release that much better.

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Well. I have started another gaime.

R' City.
I gained 1 quartz flask and 2 flechettes. saved game and quit. On reload the flask had gone and so had one flechette. I played and came to the bridge above the flames that you jump over. To my right is a tower showing 2 green mana and 3 fletchettes. I jump across and absorb the 2 mana.

In front of me are the 3 flechettes, I collect 1 and my inventory still shows 1 when it should now be 2. I use F9 and try again with another flechette, same result. No matter which of the 3 I go to first they do not register in my inventory. My total is now 3 as I have lost one. I enter through a door and to my right is a wooden structure with 3 red mana above, I go under the structure and fall into a hole and am then looking at the underside of the game.
Attachments
Below Rav City level EOC.jpg
Below Rav City level EOC.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 6633 times

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Yeah, that was already pointed out to us. It's been fixed in the internal build.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

comicmanser
Picked up the Mace

Postby comicmanser » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:04 pm

I just thought I'd step in on this conversation (btw: goods great so far other than the obvious that's going on.)

This morning I read through this thread shortly after finding out about the development of EOC and decided to give it a trail and error run. I ran through the intro area picking up this and that. Shortly into the game I had 1 torch, 1 Quartz Flask, 2 Discs of Repulsion, and 2 Flechettes. I was going through and I would randomly quicksave and quickload and menu save and menu load. After the area where I obtained the Serpent Staff and unlocked those doors. went down a path that leads up and ladder to the side. I did a quicksave and quickload promptly after getting to the top of the ladder. After the quickload was done my Quartzflask was gone and I only had one Disc of Repulsion. In this run through at this point I had yet to use any artifacts. This was the first and so far only time I have noticed it do this.

I hope that my input can help you pin point the problem.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Interesting. I'll try to reproduce your steps today and see what happens. Any help you want to give is much appreciated. We're committed to fixing all the problems we can for next release. We couldn't do it without public help that's for sure!

comicmanser
Picked up the Mace

Postby comicmanser » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 pm

If I may give my thoughts (And feel free to tell me I'm wrong and completely off, I'm not part of the development and an early stage noob programmer who's looking at the situation from a meta inside the box view)

I'm going to assume EOC development is being done on the id Tech 4 engine as Doom3 and ROE were. The similarities between Doom and Hexen allow for this. An interface for Hexen artifacts is not accounted for via Doom. Naturally meaning that inventory set-up is new. After reviewing this thread and encountering the problem myself the way I did, I was convinced it was a saving a reloading problem. I brought up the save game in text and believe it occurs when saving.

DOOM 3 hexen/ep1/h1m1.map. eoc_Class 0 maxhealth_cleric 80 armor_cleric 0 maxarmor_cleric 60 deplete_armor_cleric 0 deplete_rate_cleric 0.000000 deplete_ammount_cleric 0 ammo_none 0.000000 ammo_bluemana 67.000000 ammo_greenmana 65.000000 ammo_combinedmana 65.000000 items 0 pdasViewed_0 7 pdasViewed_1 0 pdasViewed_2 0 pdasViewed_3 0 selPDA 0 selVideo 0 selEmail 0 selAudio 0 pdaOpened 1 turkeyScore 0 pda_0 to_cleric pda_1 personal pda_2 d1 pda_3 d3 pda_4 d2 pda_5 d5 pda_6 d10 pdas 7 videos 0 emails 0 weapon_bits 6147 levelTriggers 0 health_cleric 61 health 61 current_weapon 1 artnum 3 artifact0defname artifact_flechette artifact0qty 2 artifact1defname artifact_torch artifact1qty 2 artifact2defname artifact_disc artifact2qty 1 eoc_BeltSelection 2 eoc_BeltPosition 60

I highlighted why. The missing artifacts are not accounted for here. Like I said, I'm not a real developer. But with I primitive knowledge I found this of interest. I hope it may help in some fashion. PS I'm not trying to hijack this thread.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Nah its all good as long as its relevant (which it is).

What about quick saving, then immediately manually saving, then checking the quick load and manual load. Does it only happen after a quick save? or does it happen to both quick and manual? If you did a manual save right after a quick save that loaded bad does the manual save retain your items?

You should hop in our IRC channel if your interested.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm

OK, I did some testing. It appears to definitely be a save bug and I've narrowed it down some more for our coder. It also seems to be dependent on the specific number of items. for example I didn't loose items with 1 flask and 1 flechette but I did loose items with 1 flask and 2 flechettes. I also lost a different amount depending on if it was a quick save or manual save with the same inventory.

Do appreciate yours(and everyone elses) help with this. Seem to be on the right track now to fix it.

Oh and to answer your question. You are correct the inventory belt is completely new and made by our coder so there were bound to still be some minor bugs in it even though we spent a lot of time testing and fixing things beforehand. I believe it was quite a coding undertaking to get it all implemented.

Razbaz
Picked up the Mace

Postby Razbaz » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 am

It also sometimes happen without loading the game.
In upper echelons I've had 25 flechettes (maximum amount) and then came across another one. By walking through it I've actually picked it up only to find out the artifacts' qty has reset (so now I've had only one flechette I've just picked up).
I think saving somehow affects the actual qty of artifacts in game. I've completed the first few levels without loading a game, though constantly quicksaving. By the time I've gained the Magistrate Key all my flasks were gone, possibly something else but I don't care about anything except flasks ;).

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:45 pm

We've determined how to reproduce the save/load inventory loss bug. We haven't figured out how to fix it yet. It's a little tricky.

Going over the maximum number and resetting I would guess is actually a completely different bug no one has mentioned before. We'll have to look into it.

Thanks!

c4tnt
Picked up the Mace

Re: InitHub() eats artifacts!

Postby c4tnt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 am

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey Thanks for the help! One of our programmers was just going to start looking at the issue in the coming days. I just sent him the information you just posted up as it could save a lot of time.

Have any other mod talents? :)

c4tnt
Picked up the Mace

Postby c4tnt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, mapping & scripting...

example http://www.c4tnt.ucoz.ru/testarea/scri6.zip

and simple md5 model

http://c4tnt.ucoz.ru/publ/load/24-1-0-2

(this model used in the scri6.map, install it together )

I've posted PM with additional info for you

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 pm

We've officially fixed this, along with a bug that allowed artifacts that had a timer/script running(boots of speed, flechette for example) to continue on endlessly if you saved while it was active. We no longer remove certain entities in the hub code, but hide them, iirc.

Return to “Technical Support”