Where have all my artifacts gone?

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
Trapper
Picked up the Mace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Where have all my artifacts gone?

Postby Trapper » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey Guys I think I have a hole in my knapsack, all the goodies I keep putting in there seem to fall out :cry: :cry:

Anything seems to go. I am in the swamps looking for the way in to the upper etchelons. I had 3 flachettes, a torch, 3 discs of repulsion, a mystic ern and a krater of might.
Running around the battlements and a few quick saves later I have 2 discs of repulsion, all the rest has gone :( :cry:

I know previously other items have gone awol, the Tome for cert as did another mystic ern.

Any ideas how to patch my knapsack ;) ;)

deadite4
Site Admin

Re: Where have all my artifacts gone?

Postby deadite4 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 pm

This seems to be a bug somewhere. The only problem is we haven't been able to nail down just exactly when or why people are loosing their inventory. Everyone we ask has yet been able to give us a working step by step on how to recreate it and no one on our team has yet to either.

It's odd because you can save and load to test and loose nothing. There must be some specific circumstances to when it happens.

If you happen come up with an exact method of replicating the artifact loss.....please relay it to us :)
Sounds Great. Do it again.

Trapper
Picked up the Mace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Trapper » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Couple of things I noticed during play.

I use the keyboard and space bar, recently I used combined Jump/spacebar and forward/W then checked my artifacts, all 3 fletchettes had gone and so had one of the discs of repulsion.
Later again using the space bar another disc went.

I have at last, after days of running around the battlements, found the route to the last part of the Castle across the main entrance doors. I cannot jump from the wall to the first lower ledge and can only land on the metal spikes just below. I tried shift/w/spacebar without any luck then tried again using the above combinations and taking a running jump but still no luck.

I had one set of speed boots and one disc left, so I used the boots (Which made no difference to the speed!) but after that both boots AND the disc had gone. Whether it is to do with the spacebar, or using one artifact removes others at random I don't know but it may have something to do with it.

HOW the hell do I get across the gap to the first ledge?

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 pm

could you take a screenshot of where you are talking about? I actually don't even know what ledge you mean! :(

I'll play around with different button combos to see if I can start loosing stuff. Interesting you think it could have something to do with that. hmmm.

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:46 am

I don't know the ledge either! I hope the attached screenshot will indentify it, the shot is less than the actual screen displayed and I do not know why.

In the screens shot I am standing on the parapit wall and attempting to jump over the metal spikes you can see below to the lower of the ledges just in front, then I assume jump to the next ledge and so on until I have crossed above the main doors that 'are now open' when I pulled a lever in the base of one of the Towers within the Castle walls.

On the other side of these ledges I can see two blue mana's on top of another tower.

Hope you will be able to identify my position.

Good luck

PS. HOW the hell do you get across this gap? :? ;)
Attachments
Hexen EOC.jpg
Hexen EOC.jpg (121.8 KiB) Viewed 8931 times

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Ah THAT ledge :). That leads to a secret. You should be able to just jump across the platforms that came out. Those spikes won't kill you, don't worry(if you hadn't tried jumping on it yet.. Should be able to just hop hop hop right across.

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 pm

I've jumped until my legs gave out, jumped off the parapit wall, taken a running jump over the wall and one with shift for more speed. And boots of speed didn't help either. Can I get across? err nope. I always land on the spikes and there is no way I can jump high enough to get on the first ledge. :( :(

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

You have to jump off the curved brick that's at the foreground of your screenshot. There's no need for a big running jump. Trust me, it can be done, I designed it and tested it repeatedly. Once you're on the ledges, just run across, no need to jump. Except at the end, of course.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for that, I found I needed to edge forward just a fraction then I could jump across :)

Now I cannot get off :!: :!:

I have proved myself, beaten the lot and got the goodies in the last room. For three hours I have been trying to find how to open the first door. I have searched all the walls for secret switches, peered over the parapits for anything that may do the job, have jumped over the parapit near the end where there is a longer gap and landed on the gargole then had to jump back. Apart from suicide there seems no way back.

I note that the door leads to a tower on the inside of the castle and nearby there is a brick ladder but with bricks missing so cannot get up there either.

My Mrs will not be pleased with me playing all Christmas so please give me a clue :oops:

Merry Christmas from the UK Everybody :D :D :D

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Sorry, its just us silly Brit's that don't accept logic as an answer :!:

As I could not see what the top of the tower may (or may not) hold I tried to check it out, could have been all sorts of goodies up there :) :) :)

Now to work out how to get down without a swan dive onto terra firma.....

The return first ledge being higher than the first ledge on the way across.... :roll: :roll:

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Now in upper echelons, had quite a few artifacts but now they have all gone, they have not been used but with keyboard movement/jump usage they have gone :( :( :evil:

This is REALLY FRUSTRATING, especially when you really need one to continue your fight:!: :!: :!: (And really spoils an excellent game)

Any news on a fix yet. :?:

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Postby BloodRayne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm sorry, I stole them. :)
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I now think that the loss of artifacts occurs during saving and loading, they have not been stolen at all, well I hope not anyway!
I have tried a few combinations of 'saving' and 'loading' using the save and load options and also using the F5 and F9 keys, both seem to lose artifacts but not all the time.

As said I am in the upper echelons and had a knapsack containing:
6 flechetes, 1 Icon Defender, 1 Tome, 2 Dragonskin Braces, 1 Banishment Device, 1 Quartz Flask.

I then used F5 to save and then, without playing any game used F9 to load. I then had:
3 flechetes, 1 Icon Defender, 1 Tome, 1 Dragonskin Brace, 1 Banishment Device, 1 Quartz Flask.

I then gained another 4 flechetes and 1 Dragonskin Brace making 7 flechetes and 2 Dragonskin Braces in total.

Later I used the ESC, Save and Load again without any play, I then had:
3 flechetes, 1 Icon Defender, 1 Tome, 1 Dragonskin Brace, 1 Banishment Device, 0 Quartz Flask.

At other saves and loads and F5's and F9's there has been no loss of items.
Maybe worth a look at :?:

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Firstly, is the weapon for the green mana in the upper echeleons?

I first noticed missing artifacts in the ravaged city but thought it was something I was doing, like pressing a wrong key or thought they may have a limited life and dissapeared before I got to use them. This was more noticable in the swamps as I knew I had certain artifacts that were gone when I needed them :?

I then started to check my knapsack more often and thought it was to do with using the space bar and or another key. Things were still going missing so when I gained some I saved (F5) the game and thought that at least I could go back should I lose them later, after getting hammered I used F9 to reload then checked the inventory and found many items missing. That got me thinking it was to do with the save/load functions and found teh same with Save and Load from main menu.
It is, as far as I can gather, random.

If I ever get up the circular stairs without melting or getting killed I will check more often.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for all the feedback so far! We really do appreciate it.

The green mana was a minor oversight on our part. You don't actually acquire a weapon using green mana yet in those levels. You'll get it in the next set.

And yea, those circular stairs in the Upper Echelons, you gotta move fast! I typically avoid the fighting of the ettins and try to bum rush past them.

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Trapper
Picked up the Mace

Postby Trapper » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Return to “Technical Support”