use my own music?

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
baratus64
Picked up the Mace
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

use my own music?

Postby baratus64 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 am

hi guys! is there a way to play this game with my own mp3 music?..i want to play with some of the Halloween music that i have.

deadite4
Site Admin

Re: use my own music?

Postby deadite4 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am

not without some work on your part, and you'd be limited to 2 songs per map.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

baratus64
Picked up the Mace

Postby baratus64 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 am

cool! you mind showing me how?

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 am

You would need to convert your songs to .ogg

Then open up the eoc_sound.pk4 file and go to sound/hexen/music directory.

Rename your converted .ogg files to replace ambient1, ambient2, ambient3, ambient_shot1 and ambient_shot2.ogg files(these are the 5 main music tracks).

I don't recall exactly which tracks are used in which map, but each map plays a rotation of 2 songs if I remember right off the top of my head.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

baratus64
Picked up the Mace

Postby baratus64 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm

sorry to ask you this but what program do i need to open that .pk4 file?...and after i switch the music files do i need another program to put it back together?

TomJ
Team Member

Postby TomJ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:37 pm

you can open pk4 with winrar, a pk4 file actually is a normal zip file ;)

zeroth
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby zeroth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:54 pm

I recommend 7zip.

http://www.7-zip.org/
Programmer,
|
|

BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Postby BloodRayne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm

... I recommend not using proprietary bullshit for something as menial as opening an archive.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

redeemer812
Fried a bunch of Afrit

Postby redeemer812 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

7zip > WinRar > zip

7zip offers better compression, it works with .rar and .zip files, it's free, and google doesn't recognize the format. You can attach .7zip files to gmail messages and gmail can't screen them.

That last one is very helpful when it comes to passing .exe files around, which google hates...

Return to “Technical Support”