Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
deadite4
Site Admin

Re: Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Postby deadite4 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 am

ZOleg73 wrote:Note also the following bug:
collected artifacts disappear if not used, or when moving from one level to another, or when loading a saved game.

We need a way of replicating this consistently. We never had this happen during any of our testing, and we still haven't been able to have it happen in a controlled test for any of the dev members.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

Mr.Rocket
Picked up the Mace

Postby Mr.Rocket » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 am

Hey,
First, awesome work!, I'v been waiting for this to come out for a long time now and just love it so far, even though I'v just started playing it I want more. :D

Although I'v ran into a small bug, and of course I'd be the one to find it lol..
There's a place that my player managed to get his foot stuck, I'm guessing in a vertex with-in a patch-mesh somehow.
I was simply running to a door to check and see if it would open, but didn't get the chance.
Luckly I got screenshots so here they are:
http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/etc/shot00001.png
Here is the curbside area^
http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/etc/shot00002.png
Here is where my player is stuck/can't move^
http://home.comcast.net/~mrrocket/etc/shot00003.png
Here's what is behind me/the door I was going to check^
I'm stuck in the curb right next to that door.
I hope this at least helps point to the area.

I know those patchmeshes can be tricky sometimes. If the area can't be fixed by moving the lower part of it a little higher, I'd imagine a thin 1 unit thick nodraw brush could be layerd on top of it to fill in the area.

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 am

First i too have to say, great work! After all the years i din think itl be ever released, cuz thats the lot of most of these projects. So respect for ur endurance.

A little question after about an hour of searching...

Hows it meant to enter the Port? Got the dungeon key went through the tunnel an so on, even went back back to the town an checked all doors again but din find anything.
Lemme guess ya shall enter through a non grid blocked version of the sewer entrance...?

TomJ
Team Member

Postby TomJ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 pm

When you left the tunnel on the right there are metal bars before a wheel and you have to brake the lock, after that turn wheel and your in :D

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah already had that idea, but how to break it? tried the mace but I can hit everywhere an nothin happens. Dun have Mana right now to try to shoot with the snakestaff.

well ill load up an older save an save up some Mana to try it.

TomJ
Team Member

Postby TomJ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 pm

you need to hit the lock it works with mace

Mr.Rocket
Picked up the Mace

Postby Mr.Rocket » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

yeah don't waste your mana, the lock brakes with the mace.
The lock is located on the door frame side of the bars, it looked like a hinge or something, like a U-bolt heh.
Then the gate will open and you can turn the wheel.

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Ya found it, thought the whole bar in the middle was meant to block.

Btw. Im in the upper echelon right now, is it meant to be right that the 3 bar door doesnt open after the 3rd bar is removed?
And how to enter the outer side building near the bridges?

And I dun get messages anymore like "x to go" or "sequence complete" "ya need the key" etc since I entered the uppers.
Only one exception, the Tome+Icon treasure room, where i got the "wrong" or "correct" messages.
Normal?

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 am

A little bump...

Just want to know if it is a bug or not with the messages an the doors etc. Cuz cant figure out how to go on further...

afullo
Waking up in Chronos

Postby afullo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:57 pm

I am likely in a serious trouble.
At the dungeon key quest, I accidentally put a bone in the wrong position, is there a way to remove it? Otherwise I probably have to restart the game, every savegame I own contains this configuration, where I had to start from the circle in front of the flaming trees and to proceed clockwise until the last position (and when I put a bone in there I die, because I don't put them in the correct order). :(

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Soulharvester wrote:A little bump...

Just want to know if it is a bug or not with the messages an the doors etc. Cuz cant figure out how to go on further...

there is a lever in the water, along with a switch. The lever opens the grating to the doors on the other side of the bridge. Once you've also hit all 3 skull switches and the bars are removed you should be able to walk through the next door as well.

afullo wrote:I am likely in a serious trouble.
At the dungeon key quest, I accidentally put a bone in the wrong position, is there a way to remove it? Otherwise I probably have to restart the game, every savegame I own contains this configuration, where I had to start from the circle in front of the flaming trees and to proceed clockwise until the last position (and when I put a bone in there I die, because I don't put them in the correct order). :(

Did you save after putting the bone down and before it killed you? That seemed to be a problem we overlooked.

What you can do(and should work) is load your Autosave:h1m2 save file. It's automatically made the first time you enter the level so you won't have to start completely over again, just the start of that level.

afullo
Waking up in Chronos

Postby afullo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:24 pm

deadite4 wrote:Did you save after putting the bone down and before it killed you? That seemed to be a problem we overlooked.
Not exactly, I put successfully the bone down (unbeknownst to me before I returned solving the quest), but the wrong placement didn't kill me, and I was able to proceed forward toward the subsequent area, because the first time I passed there I didn't know there was a puzzle to solve. I put it there just by chance, while walking randomly across the zone.

deadite4 wrote:What you can do(and should work) is load your Autosave:h1m2 save file. It's automatically made the first time you enter the level so you won't have to start completely over again, just the start of that level.
I try, but I don't know whether it works, because I returned to the first level after having put down that bone, and when I returned again to the swamps, the game overwrited the h1m2 autosave.

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Ok, thx. So its definately a bug. Cuz I used the lever and triggered the 3 skull-switches and all bars at that door are removed but it still doesnt open.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm

afullo wrote:
deadite4 wrote:Did you save after putting the bone down and before it killed you? That seemed to be a problem we overlooked.
Not exactly, I put successfully the bone down (unbeknownst to me before I returned solving the quest), but the wrong placement didn't kill me, and I was able to proceed forward toward the subsequent area, because the first time I passed there I didn't know there was a puzzle to solve. I put it there just by chance, while walking randomly across the zone.

deadite4 wrote:What you can do(and should work) is load your Autosave:h1m2 save file. It's automatically made the first time you enter the level so you won't have to start completely over again, just the start of that level.
I try, but I don't know whether it works, because I returned to the first level after having put down that bone, and when I returned again to the swamps, the game overwrited the h1m2 autosave.

Ah dam. yeah that will do it. We've reworked that area already since release. We'll have to make sure this method also can't break things. Thanks!

Soulharvester wrote:Ok, thx. So its definately a bug. Cuz I used the lever and triggered the 3 skull-switches and all bars at that door are removed but it still doesnt open.

Did the gate open in front of the 2 doors on the other side of the bridge? Were you able to pass those doors? There are 2 sets of doors that are locked with seperate sets of switches that open them. Take a screenshot of the door your stuck at.

Soulharvester
Picked up the Mace

Postby Soulharvester » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:07 pm

The lever worked and opened the first 2 doors. But after removing the 3 bars of the second door its isnt possible to open it.
I now looked for the cheats and noclipped me to that point again in a new game, and that time it worked, and the door can be pushed open after using the 3 switches.

Btw screens arent possible right now, cuz TGA isn supported by all imagehosters I found, an right now I dun have a program to hand to compile it.

dv0
Waking up in Chronos

Postby dv0 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 pm

plshelp
where is the third switch for that (second) door (one is near the bridge/door, and one is under the bridge near the water)???
i ran this map for smthlike 8 times)

dv0
Waking up in Chronos

Postby dv0 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Soulharvester wrote:The lever worked and opened the first 2 doors. But after removing the 3 bars of the second door its isnt possible to open it.
I now looked for the cheats and noclipped me to that point again in a new game, and that time it worked, and the door can be pushed open after using the 3 switches.

Btw screens arent possible right now, cuz TGA isn supported by all imagehosters I found, an right now I dun have a program to hand to compile it.

already found the third switch near the blue mana. could not find it because there was no need in it. nice gameplay for few hours). and the door is not opening

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Have you guys tried walking up to the door? It won't open in the cinematic.

Just want to make sure you guys aren't expecting the door to open before you actually walk up to it like any other door.

Return to “Technical Support”