Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Post here if you have any technical or installation issues or questions about the mod. Please read the readme's thoroughly before posting.
BloodRayne
Finished the First Round!

Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Postby BloodRayne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Please post here if you are having problems running the game or run into bugs during playing.
Lunchmeataphobia.
Think! It ain't illegal yet!

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Re: Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff)

Postby Wade009 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:31 pm

BloodRayne wrote:Please post here if you are having problems running the game or run into bugs during playing.

Greetings Hello, friends I spend the same, but I did the prueva in Windows Vista and ran it as "Run as Administrator" and it worked, I wanted so you can, try, Greetings

Corvus
Picked up the Serpent Staff

Postby Corvus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I jumped over this handcart and could not return on my way. It is on "the Ravage City" level.

My specs:

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

6.0 GB RAM DDR3 @ 534 MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T (LGA1366)

Generic Monitor Plug and Play @ 1280x1024

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

488 GB Matrox STM3500418AS ATA Device
    488 GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 ATA Device

ENUDEXS SPENCPE7C SCSI CdRom Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device

Audio Card M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R

DETAIL LEVEL: Ultra
Last edited by Corvus on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BloodRayne

Postby BloodRayne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Which level was this? :D
Lunchmeataphobia.

Quasar
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Quasar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 am

These aren't gameplay issues but minor graphical annoyances. In the first level, for me, the sky isn't "pegged" properly so it seems to shift up and down and get closer/farther away from me when I look up or down. I had this exact same issue in one level (and only one) of Phobos Labs in Doom 3:RoE, so it may be an issue specific to my graphics card or driver.

Also, when the cleric's mace goes off the top of the screen, a large ball of very closely zoomed-in polygons having the same metallic texture appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, until the mace isn't off the top any longer. Again, possibly a graphics driver issue, but I thought I'd report these anyway and see if maybe they're known issues with a workaround/solution I can apply.

My card is a Saphhire ATi Radeon 4850 512 MB with driver version 8.632.1.2000, Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit. Doom 3 is fully patched, and is running in 1680x1050 with a 16:10 aspect ratio, at ultra detail level.

TomJ
Team Member

Postby TomJ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:40 am

Quasar wrote:These aren't gameplay issues but minor graphical annoyances. In the first level, for me, the sky isn't "pegged" properly so it seems to shift up and down and get closer/farther away from me when I look up or down. I had this exact same issue in one level (and only one) of Phobos Labs in Doom 3:RoE, so it may be an issue specific to my graphics card or driver.

Also, when the cleric's mace goes off the top of the screen, a large ball of very closely zoomed-in polygons having the same metallic texture appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, until the mace isn't off the top any longer. Again, possibly a graphics driver issue, but I thought I'd report these anyway and see if maybe they're known issues with a workaround/solution I can apply.

My card is a Saphhire ATi Radeon 4850 512 MB with driver version 8.632.1.2000, Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit. Doom 3 is fully patched, and is running in 1680x1050 with a 16:10 aspect ratio, at ultra detail level.

Turned of Catalyst AI?

Quasar
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Quasar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 am

I don't have Catalyst installed, actually.

BloodRayne

Postby BloodRayne » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 am

Catalyst are the drivers for the card, I don't think the game would run without them.. :o
Lunchmeataphobia.

Chris
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:26 am

**** Thar be spoilers (and no spoiler tags :()! ****

I seem to be stuck, in more ways than one

In the third map (Upper Echelon of the city), under the "church" (in the same area where you get the blue planet and the lava rises), the next room over there's a grate on the floor with some fire along the wall. When I step onto the grate, I get stuck.. I can't jump or move anywhere. Not sure how to get a screenshot to show where I'm talking about, as printscreen doesn't work.

I'm also not sure what I have to do now. When I got near the top of the tower next to the orrery, I missed out on most of what the lady said, due to in-game noise and noise in my house. I also didn't catch what she said when I was outside. Some subtitles or a log entry would really help with that, if possible. I did get three of the planets and got the orrery started (though it looks likes there's slots for four?), but I have no idea what to do now - EDIT: managed to climb up the broken ladder by jumping on the moving platforms, which led me to the end. The quest hints say to collect the emerald planet, but I already got the green one (with the spike ceiling trap) and I don't know where else another could be.

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 am

Chris wrote:**** Thar be spoilers (and no spoiler tags :()! ****

I seem to be stuck, in more ways than one

In the third map (Upper Echelon of the city), under the "church" (in the same area where you get the blue planet and the lava rises), the next room over there's a grate on the floor with some fire along the wall. When I step onto the grate, I get stuck.. I can't jump or move anywhere. Not sure how to get a screenshot to show where I'm talking about, as printscreen doesn't work.

Hmm, that seems to be something I either missed, or never had happen to me. I'll look into it.

I'm also not sure what I have to do now. When I got near the top of the tower next to the orrery, I missed out on most of what the lady said, due to in-game noise and noise in my house. I also didn't catch what she said when I was outside. Some subtitles would really help with that, if possible. I did get three of the planets and got the orrery started (though it looks likes there's slots for four?), but I have no idea what to do now. The quest hints say to solve the emerald planet puzzle, but I already got the green one (with the spike ceiling trap) and I don't know where else another could be.

Climb and jump to the hatch at the top. Use the platforms.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

Chris
Waking up in Chronos

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 am

Caffeine Freak wrote:Climb and jump to the hatch at the top. Use the platforms.

Just my luck, I figured that out right afterward. :P Thanks, though. Was thinking perhaps it bugged out and I was missing a fourth planet, or I missed some clue in what the Astronomer said.

Will there be a walkthrough, with secrets? Would be nice to see what I missed, or did incorrectly.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Quasar wrote:I don't have Catalyst installed, actually.

That means the Catalyst A.I. feature of the cards is on. It is always defaulted to on in the drivers even if you don't have the control panel installed. You need to install the control panel and turn this feature off. It messed up things with a lot of video games, not just Doom 3.
Sounds Great. Do it again.

gigmush
Waking up in Chronos

Re: Gameplay issues (bugs and stuff & SPOILERS)

Postby gigmush » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi,

A quick walkthrough question with a minor spoiler:
I've found the dungeon key (five ribs etc.), but for the life of me, I cannot find the dungeon itself. Weird, since a dungeon is usually much larger than a key :-)
Is it in the swamp or the city?

Other than that, the game itself is amazing for a voluntary work. Well done!
Some bugs with message texts getting their bottom cut and disappearing too fast, nothing serious.

Thanks.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:11 pm

The dungeon is inside the walls of the Port Town(without giving away to much).

Caffeine Freak
Team Member

Postby Caffeine Freak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:00 pm

A lot of people seem to be having trouble with that.
Yep, time for another Doom fix.

gigmush
Waking up in Chronos

Postby gigmush » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks for the very quick reply!

I've yet to play the game since, so I hope to find this elusive "Port Town" when I get the chance. Is it a different map from "Ravaged City"? So far I've been only in the start map and the swamp.

Thanks again.

P.S.
If many people found this to be a problem, you might want to consider a change in the level design. Just saying :-)

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:23 pm

A lot of people just aren't used to wandering/looking around in today's games, IMO. The port town is in the swamps, its not a new map. After you get the dungeon key there is a tunnel that goes under ground in the same area. Find it, and continue on your way.

gigmush
Waking up in Chronos

Postby gigmush » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks Deadite4.

Funny thing is, I'm usually the one to lament the lost art of looking-the-heck-around-you. Games clock almost 50% more time than usual when I play them, 'cause I keep looking in every nook and cranny, even in FPS games :-)

Either I'm getting old, or the gamma setting is wrong and the entrance is obscured by darkness. I'll see later, when I get to the game.

deadite4
Site Admin

Postby deadite4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:42 pm

:D Hope you make your way. Enjoy! any more questions feel free to discuss!

Wade009
Picked up the Mace

Postby Wade009 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Corvus wrote:I jumped over this handcart and could not return on my way. It is on "the Ravage City" level.

My specs:

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

6.0 GB RAM DDR3 @ 534 MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T (LGA1366)

Generic Monitor Plug and Play @ 1280x1024

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

488 GB Matrox STM3500418AS ATA Device
    488 GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 ATA Device

ENUDEXS SPENCPE7C SCSI CdRom Device
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device

Audio Card M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R

DETAIL LEVEL: Ultra

hehe, I also went through this problem and nothing happened seme cheats unless you put something like I do when I'm playing for the first time some jjeje game, putting "noclip" committed suicide and put the same thing in the game hehe heretic , and I thought trying to cheat "casper" which is the Original Hexen 1 noclip lol, i liked the minimal aspect of Hexen II, such as the doors open by themselves, without the need for space, greetings

Return to “Technical Support”